domenica 24 maggio 2015

Vietnam here we come!

I am committed to increase the visual appeal of my posts. Very committed. Feedbacks are welcome. Monetary incentives too (click the ads! click the ads!)

Oh, Vietnam! We are planning to go to Vietnam next autumn and I am totally into it. I close my eyes and I see pointy hats, small boats crossing Hanoi Bay and tons of noodles everywhere. So I decided to train my palate with these super SUPER healthy vietnamese rolls. I found the recipe in one of my favourite blogs (this) and I am really impressed by the ratio taste/calories: unbelievable (but believe me!)

Actually, the rolls were only the starter of an amazing sunday lunch, which also featured a superb fideuà made by my flatmate. Catalunya meets Vietnam. Spain meets South-east Asia. 

PS
Yes, the fideuà was the best fideuà in the world!

VIETNAMESE ROLLS 

for 8 rolls:
8 sheets of rice paper (asian shops)
mixed salad (red and green)
1 small carrot
1 small celery
2 big spring onion
8 big prawns
8 basil leaves
8 mint leaves

for the sauce:
2 spoons soy sauce
2 spoons water
1 spoon 1/2 white vinegar
1 spoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
2 spoons peanuts

Crush the peanuts in tiny pieces, add the rest of the ingredients and let it rest. Place the rice paper sheets in a bowl with cold water (2-3 at time), cut all the ingredients in sticks and make 8 rolls. As easy as that!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento