sabato 23 maggio 2015

Moroccan night

Or moroccan late morning, as this pic was taken the day after with the leftovers of the dinner that become my lunch (much better light, no hungry people putting pressure on you to end the shooting session)

Now that this plate belongs to the past, I am thinking that the vegetarian version would probably have been even better. If I were to re-do it, I wouldn't use chicken and perhaps I'd add toasted pine nuts. Or dried apricots. Or both. 

But no way I am doing it again in the next days: I have new toys to try out :) today, during the search for the n-th car for my nephew, I found out that there was an entire floor of the mall that I wasn't aware of. When you get excited for such things, it means that you are >30, living in a boring city, happily married, or a combination of the previous. Anyway, I bought some fancy food containers that I am eager to use for doing mono-portion dinners. When you get excited for such things, it means that you are >30, living in a boring city, happily married, AND a foodblogger :)

MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS

2 courgettes
1 carrot
3 potatoes
2 onions
2 shallots
1 garlic clove, crushed
celery
the zest of one lemon
mixed moroccan spices (ras el hanout), or alternatively: casually mix all the reddish spices found in the kitchen, like I did
300 gr couscous
5 chicken tights (or toasted pine nuts)

Fry the chicken tights in a pan with 2 spoons of oil EVO using high fire for a few minutes, then turn off the fire. Chop the onions and the shallots and pan-fry them in a large pot at moderate fire with 3 spoons of oil EVO. Add the chicken, the vegetables chopped in large pieces, the spices and cover with water. Bring to boil and then turn the flame to the minimum heath and let it cook for 30-40 minutes. When ready, prepare the couscous and compose the plate, adding fresh mint to decorate. I took off the lemon zest and I chopped it to decorate.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento