domenica 10 maggio 2015

No pictures, please.

The drawback of doing something so fancy for dinner is that inevitably you end up eating it cold ("let me just take a good picture... another one.... just the last one.... perfect! - wait, the very last one - ok, now one with the mobile for mum" and so on)

Ok I confess: I totally am into oriental cousine. The quest for less boring vegetables often pushes me towards the fridge with the soy sprouts, and then the teriyaki sauce has such a nice packaging.... - but, of course, the wine can only be italian: Falanghina in the background ;) 

The tuna as well has something italian (sicilian, for the sake of specificity) on it: breadcrumbs and pistachios, plus a balsamic vinegar reduction to decorate. Amazing for the eye, amazing (but cold - damn it!) for the palate. 


SICILIAN TUNA WITH ORIENTAL VEGETABLES

I placed one thick tuna slice in the freezer for about 1 hour and then I cut it in stripes. I "massaged" it with some oil EVO and then rolled it in mixed breadcrumbs and pistachios. In a hot pan with one teaspoon of oil EVO, I cooked the tuna stripes ~40 seconds for each of the four sides, and then sliced it. I served it with two spoons of balsamic vinegar and one teaspoon of honey, cooked for a couple of minutes in a pan. 

For the vegetable salad, I cut one red pepper, one broccolo and 100 gr shitake mushrooms in small pieces. I have pan-fried the vegetables in the wok for some ten minutes, with 2 spoons of sesame oil, two spoons of teriyaki sauce and some chilli pepper to season. At the very end, fire off, I add the sprouts and some toasted sesame seeds, stir and serve in the fancy plate. Enjoy!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento