giovedì 18 luglio 2013

Fish ravioli and baked salmon, AKA meet the family!

I am back to work after three weeks overseas during which I had many many occasions to prove my cooking skills, but  the one I was more worried about was the planned meet-the-family dinner that I hosted to introduce S1 and S2 's families. And it turned out an A-W-E-S-O-M-E night! 

Before life abruptly taught me so, I did not believe in the influence of the family in a relationship, but well, I learned the lesson I guess :) 
As it's been already 3 months since S1 and I moved in together, we thought it was about the time for us to introduce our families, in my case there was a chunk missing (my nephew and my sister-in-law were at the beach, lucky them) but not having constantly to check that my nephew was not trying to kill himself allowed a smoother conversation. Conversation that was as usual mastered by my brother, and the more I get to know him, the more I love him (funny that the process started only a few years ago even if our existence overlaps by 30 years)!

FISH RAVIOLONI WITH AUBERGINES AND FENNEL FLOWERS

Make circles out of the pasta dough and fill them with raw cubes of stone bass, an aubergines baked in the oven for 45 mins, salt and fennel flowers from the countryside around Roma. Make the ravioloni folding the circles in the middle and pressing the edges with a fork. Boil and season with a sauce made with cherry tomatoes and one spoon (one spoon only!) of cream fresh.


       

BAKED SALMON

Put the salmon fillets in oil, lemon and herbs for a few hours. Mix breadcrumbs, paprika and crushed almonds and add the filtered juice of the marinade. Cover the fillets and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. I served the salmon with zucchine a scapece (fried zucchini with vinegar) and baked potato slices.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento