domenica 23 giugno 2013

Death by Pizza

In my many monologues against the capitalistic society, the culture of inducing the needs for strawberries in December and the Ikea packagings that always contain double of the amount of what you actually need, I never really say that there are (at least) two fields in which I cannot manage myself to apply whole idea of enough: shoes (of course!) and food. While when I buy shoes I am aware that I am violating the same principles I passionately defend for the rest of the day, with food is more of a primordial italian housewife kind-of-thing, the chubby italian mamma for whom it is a matter of honor to stuff her guests until death. And I think I did recently with pizza. 

PIZZA DOUGH

Make a nice fountain with 1 kg of flour and place in the hole 25 gr of yeast melted in warm water and 2 spoons of sugar, some more warm water with 6 spoons of oil EVO and some salt and start mixing. Add slowly warm water until the dough is nice and elastic (total water should be around 600 ml). Leave it to rest in a warm place for a couple of hours. 

PIZZELLE FRITTE

I made little squares of pizza dough and let them rest for another half an hour, then fried in oil and seasoned with coarse salt, tomato-garlic-basil sauce and grated parmigiano


PIZZA WITH RED PEPPER, POTATOES AND CAPERS

(I added red pepper, mozzarella, potato slices and capers)


GIRANDOLE WITH ZUCCHINI AND PINE NUTS

I made a rectangle of dough and added mozzarella, zucchini cubes, dill, basil and crushed pine nuts. I rolled it and cut small girandole about 3 cm thick, then placed them in the baking tray to rest another 30 mins


PIZZA WITH TROPEA ONION AND PEPPER

My fav. Also black olives if I had them.


PIZZA WITH NUTELLA

If your guests, for some reasons, are still breathing, this will be the final straw (guaranteed!)






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento