giovedì 16 maggio 2013

Shavuot gnocchi

Statistics is kind of giving subtle hints about the fact that I love gnocchi (2 out of 8 posts are about gnocchi, which using the resources of my PhD means 25%). Gnocchi is the food my mum cooks when she wants to cuddle me, and her recipe is so scrumptious that I am constantly challenged to invent variations of gnocchi, as she is the only one that is allowed to make the original one. Combine this with the Israeli cheese-based holiday, Shavuot, and you end up with thyme gnocchi stuffed with cheese (after a loooong queue at the supermarket as everyone in the entire country is willing to purchase cheese)

THYME GNOCCHI STUFFED WITH ASIAGO CHEESE

... or as in this case, given the Asiago is hard to find and given my recently-developed deep love for Spain, Manchego cheese :)
Follow the recipe of the other gnocchi (but without the basil) and add nutmeg to the dough. I also added one egg because I wanted it to be solid enough to hold the cheese. Cut the cheese in cubes and insert a cube in each gnocco, rolling the dough all around the cheese. Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until they float and stir for a couple of minutes in a pan with some butter and thyme (if you do not have sage) leaves. Add a few friends, an Israeli holiday and enjoy :D

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento