mercoledì 8 maggio 2013

Don't you dare throwing that water away!

My third post seems like a good moment to reveal that the true leitmotiv of (90% of) this blog will be healthy dining. In the same way I started cooking when T and I moved in together, I started thinking about minimising the food impact on health (and not only in terms of calories) when he was into a mandatory and pretty strict diet. I took it as I take many things in life: a big challenge of cooking something tasty without pan-frying in oil (soffritto) and with a reduced amount of carbohydrates (bye bye pasta).
After a few months T was very skinny... and my stomach less complaining... so I decided to stick with this philosophy even @Arlozorof73!
Vegetable stock is now my best friend :) every time I cook some vegetable, I save the water, add celeryonioncarrot (coc from now on, in the interest of time, and luckily I do not use kale) and add it wherever I need to avoid pan frying. So I guess yesterday S1 learned something very important about me: if I really like you, I am very hard to piss off, unless you throw away the water in which some vegetable rested!

SWEET POTATOES FRITTATA AND GRATIN FENNELS

Boil cubes of sweet potatoes in water for few minutes and keep the water. Boil the fennel slices in the same water until soft. Mix eggs with parmigiano (that I did not use as S1 does not like it), salt, nutmeg, pepper and milk, then add the sweet potato cubes and chopped chives. Pour in a baking tray. Place the fennels in another baking tray, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and add a little of the stock. Place both trays in the oven and bake adding the stock to the fennels whenever they get thirsty.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento