sabato 11 maggio 2013

My ragù (plus its kosher/pregnancy-friendly version)

One of the nicest person I ever met, who happens to be also my very first Israeli friend, asked me about ragù, and since my recipe (that we will call THE ragù) was proofread (proofeaten?) by a number of referees, and received only minor corrections, I am really happy to share it :)

The picture belongs though to its skinny version that we had the other night for dinner, adapted to be kosher-friendly (for my collegue who does not eat diary) and pregnancy-friendly (for his wife who is pregnant): a bit lighter in the taste but still yummy. And VERY yummy was the dessert, but that recipe is in the hands of S1, the chef patissier!

"THE" RAGÙ

Coc->vegetable stock. Chopped coc and oil in a pot until they are golden (soffritto) and then add minced beef and pork (half-half). When the meat changes color add one glass of red wine and, since the bottle is now open, pour one glass and sip it slowly. In a while add one glass of milk and let cook. Add the tomato concentrate melted in part of the vegetable stock and let it cook slowly for at least 1.5 hours, adding stock whenever the sauce gets thirsty. Add salt/pepper/nutmeg. Enjoy!





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento