venerdì 6 settembre 2013

Chicken, beer and love

It has been quite a while since my last post, I have to say this is because my mind was still focused on the amazing food I had in Portugal/Spain and I couldn't come up with anything nice myself (this is a cheeky way to say that I ate like a duck before turning into foie gras and my stomach had to recover from the pork fat loading :D). Hints of the trip:

1) as much as I love Portugal and think is the best country in the world, I didn't like the Algarve, it looks like Portugal that has been cleaned up because the british are coming

1 bis) the fact that in Portugal they still sell the magnum double caramel is a strong sign of its high level of civilisation

2) a country whose colors are yellow and red can only be awesome

3) it is never too early for a tostada with jamon

But the past weekend a super nice guest was around @arlozorov73 so my italian housewife mood switched on (when it happens, OMG, I can't help it) and I made a couple of dinners quite tasty (in the spare time between crashing a wedding and watching a chef cleaning 20 kg of fish). The recipe I am going to post has a long story, and it is not mine actually, it comes from my past welsh life :)

BEER CHICKEN

Pan-fry 4 chicken thighs (if you also have an israelorussian butcher, since you can't choose whichever part of the chicken he has planned to give you is fine) with some EVO oil, a couple of garlic cloves and rosemary. When the skin is golden, add a can of your fav beer (guinness is supergood!) and let it cook until the beer is evaporated and only a sticky kind-of-bitter juice is left (that's the best part!). I served it with israeli salad and cauliflower with tahini.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento