lunedì 16 settembre 2013

A fishy disappointment

I am sure my criticisms towards some tiny negligible features of my host country will be well accepted, given the affection for Israel I show on a daily basis.
After many independent samples, i can say it loud and statistics is on my side: fish sucks here. No matter if I go in that specific place warmly recommended by this or that food lover. I can basically choose between being disappointed by buying frozen shrimps and disappointed and poor by buying fresh shrimps. The other day I surprisingly went for the former option and made the following:

LINGUINE ZUCCHINE AND FROZEN UNTASTY SHRIMPS THAT BECOME TASTY THANKS TO FISH STOCK

Good fish stock is mandatory in this case. First I sliced the zucchine and grilled them in a pan with one teaspoon of oil EVO. Then I cut them in sticks and put them aside. I took another pan with one spoon of oil EVO and cooked quickly the frozen shrimps, adding a sip of white wine halfway with gas at full power to let the alcohol evaporate. In the meantime I boiled the linguine for a few minutes (they need to be hard inside), added them to the pan with the shrimps and started pouring the fish stock one spoon at time. When the linguine were almost ready I added the zucchine sticks, salt and pepper. I served with parsley and oil EVO.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento