mercoledì 11 giugno 2014

Asparagus night

Here in the Netherlands they are all about asparaguses, and in my endless journeys back and forth from Frankfurt I always see tiny temporary asparagus stands, giving the road a very romantic touch. Thus, every monday morning I thank the asparaguses because for a little while I am distracted by the thought that I am waisting hours of life in the dutch countryside :)

To make a concrete effort and please the god of asparaguses, I decided to throw an asparagus dinner party for two. The god of asparaguses didn't like it too much though, as my guest was delayed by about three hours and I ended up eating spoonfuls of strawberry jam while watching breaking bad :(

RED AND YELLOW PEPPER ROSES

I roasted the peppers in the oven and peeled them carefully. I cut them into stripes and made tiny roses, stuffing the pepper stripes with pieces of anchovies. Lastly, curly parsley to decorate. (Sort of taken from www.giallozafferano.com)



ASPARAGUS CANDIES

These were my winners and helped a lot during the journey to Eurodisney of the day after :) I boiled the big white asparaguses and then round a slice of ham around them, then a strip of puff pastry. A beaten egg on top and sesame seeds, 15 minutes in the oven and that's it :) (Sort of taken from www.giallozafferano.com)



ASPARAGUS INVOLTINI

That were supposed to be shaped like involtini (rolls), but I forgot to buy the toothpick to secure them :D
I boiled the green asparagus tips for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, I rolled in flour the beef escalopes and cooked them in a pan with a spoon of oil and some lemon. I made the involtini with the escalope, a slice of gouda cheese and 5-ish asparagus tips. I baked the involtini in the oven for a few minutes. (Sort of taken from www.giallozafferano.com…. yes I was not that original after all :D )

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento